St Gerard Hospital School of Nursing Past Questions
St Gerard School of Nursing past questions and answers: We’ve agreed to assist you in making your job easier while you prepare for the entrance exams. This is because we have a detailed set of questions from the previous five exams in a single downloadable pdf formatted ebook.
St Gerard School of Nursing Past Questions Sample
Are you genuinely interested in passing your exams with flying colors? Do you truly want to be admitted to the school? If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may be interested in checking out the ebook. Around 300 questions from the last five years’ exams are included in the ebook. After going through such a large number of questions, you should have a good idea of what is required of you in terms of exam knowledge. You might also come across questions that you would be asked in the exams when practicing the questions, so you may consider it a form of the expo.
- A transformer is required to give 120V from a 240V mains supply. If the primary has 5500 turns, how many turns has the secondary?
2. Which of the following statements is an exception in the assumptions of the kinetic theory of gases?
A) Gases are composed of many elastic particles
B) The particles are of negligible size
C) The particles are in constant random motion
D) The particles are of negligible mass
E) The particles collide with each other
3. Pore sweat is produced during muscular exercise because
A) the contracting muscles produce water
B) fermentation occurs in muscles
C) the temperature of the body rises
D) the muscle fatigues
4. A constant force of 5N acts for 5s on a mass of 5kg initially at rest. Calculate the final momentum of the mass.
A) 125 kgms-1
B) 75 kgms-1
C) 25 kgms-1
D) 20 kgms-1
E) 5 kgms-1
5. Which of the following statements is true?
A) Metals conduct electricity while non-metals do not
B) Metals have high density, non-metals have low density
C) Metals form basic oxides, non-metals form acidic oxides
D) In the electro chemical series, metals are above hydrogen while non-metals are below hydrogen
E) Metals lose elections while non-metals gain electron during normal reactions
6. Which of the following neurons may not have myelin sheath?
A) Effector cells
B) Intermediate neurons
C) Motor neurons
D) Sensory neurons
7. A stone is released from a height of 80m above the ground. Calculate its velocity just before it strikes the ground. (g=10ms-2)
B) 40 ms-1
C) 55 ms-1
E) 80 ms-1
8. Which of the following is a physical change?
A) The bubbling of chlorine into water
B) The bubbling of chlorine into a jar contanining hydrogen
C) The dissolution of sodium chloride in water
D) The passing of steam over heated iron
9. Which of the following is an effector organ?
C) Nose bridge
D) Ear glands
Subjects Combination for St Gerard Hospital School of Nursing Past Questions